Charlie convinces Carlos Chavez to enlist The Privileged in his plans to deal with his out-of-control older brother, and Sotto Capo, Emilio Chavez. Charlie was only able to do this after gathering insight on Carlos by eavesdropping on a conversation between Carlos and Omar Chavez weeks before.
Crimson's expert driving skills allowed The Privileged to grab their gear from the clubhouse before heading to Lakeside Casino to stall Emilio Chavez's plans to launch an attack on the Koshari.
Upon arrival at Lakeside Casino, The Privileged find the parking lot stock full of Godz bikers. The Godz have allied with The Chavez Family and are prepared to join the fight. The Crew is held up at the entrance and are not allowed to enter until Emilio figures out how to get passed the "broken" door lock to the armory. Winter Wave convinces the door man that she can help with the locked door, so she is allowed to enter.
Trash Heap takes a moment to hack into the casino's security systems wirelessly. It's a fairly advanced system, but Trash Heap is able to infiltrate it with ease. Not only does she find out that Carlos has changed the passcodes to the armory, she also has access to all the cameras and client data. She uses the cameras to monitor what is going on.
Before smashing open the armory door with her cyber scythe, Winter Wave fakes an apology to Emilio and tricks him into imbibing a poisoned alcoholic drink. The poison is meant to dull his senses and kill him later in the night.
With access to all the guns and body armor stored in the armory, Emilio orders the first of many assault groups to enter to arm themselves, but Trash Heap reacts by locking all the doors to the casino, preventing anyone from getting in or out.
Adding to the confusion, Isabella Chavez rolls up in her shiny sports car and demands to see her father. When she learns that the doors are locked, she gets in her sports car and smashes it into a wall of the casino, injuring herself in the process. Isabella is taken away by some Chavez guards, but Emilio is much closer to arming all his men.
Carlos Chavez finally shows up with his own men. All of them are heavily armed and armored. Carlos takes The Privileged with him to the back entrance. Trash Heap unlocks the doors so that Carlos can confront his older brother.
After a brief verbal exchange, Carlos and his men open fire on Emilio and his men. Trash Heap makes an attempt to disable the guns on Emilio's side, but she encountered a state-of-the-art firewall that she has never seen before. The black ice of the matrix defenses fry her nerves and Trash Heap is forced to dumpshock.
Crimson uses her drone to gun down three of Emilio's men. Charlie spears Billy Kidd, who is the last one protecting Emilio, paralyzing Billy in the process. Winter Wave sees an opening and brutally attacked Emilio, but eats some bullets to the chest in the process. Winter Wave is then forced to feed on Billy to recover.
Charlie disarms Emilio and presents him to Carlos in a defeated state. Carlos offers Emilio one last chance to cooperate, but Emilio spits blood in his face. Carlos ends it by putting a bullet in Emilio's head.
With the help of The Privileged, Carlos Chavez is now unofficially Sotto Capo and head of The Chavez Family's operations in Denver.
- The Privileged answer Carlos Chavez's call to arms. Both The Chavez Family and The Privileged are in a state of war. Members of The Privileged spend time helping to defend Lakeside Casino.
- Crimson spends a lot of time giving Carlos Chavez "emotional support." She strengthens her relationship with Carlos and at the same time gets a behind the scenes look at the Chavez Family operations.
- Charlie finds some time to enjoy his homeless hunger games.
- Charlie finds Yorl Haas, an unstable expert bomb diffuser of immense skill. Yorl wants Charlie to gather highly regulated bomb making components in exchange for his bomb making services.
- Trash Heap visits Doc Dufreyn for help with her fried nerves suffered from dumpshock. She tells Doc Dufreyn about her crazy life.
- Trash Heap escapes to the matrix for recover some of her edge.
- Trash Heap hacks into Knight Errant records and scrambles their data on the investigation of the 500 Defiance Shotguns that have gone missing. This slows down Knight Errant's investigation.
- Winter Wave recovers a bit by feeding on an unsuspecting victim from the clubs.
- Winter Wave finds a dog trainer crazy enough to help her out with training Luscious, her new blood dog.
- Winter Wave pieces together bits of information to figure out where Isabella Chavez is hiding. She takes this information to Crimson who then takes this information to Carlos Chavez.
- Carlos Chavez gets The Privileged to agree to eliminate his rival, 19-year old Isabella Chavez.
Results of Session Four and Five:
- Payoff: Promise of shares of Lakeside Casino at the end of the war
- Rep: +10
- Heat: 4 for loud & chaotic, +1 for high profile target, +2 for killing involved, +1 for someone noticing Winter Wave being a vampire from a masquerade party, +1 for Carlos learning that Winter Wave is a vampire)
- Crew XP: +6 (will do Crew XP again at start of next session)
- Entanglement: ???
- Additional gains: Expensive vase sold for 1 Cred, Lakeside Casino clientele data
- Faction changes: Chavez Family increased to +3
- Additional notes: Heat -6 from Reduce Heat actions, Rep -7 on extra Downtime Actions